Searching for the Evidence
Go beyond MEDLINE to learn the databases tools available to locate methodologically sound and clinically relevant journal articles.
Practice using the Cochrane Library, Dynamed, Clinical Key, Micromedex Drug Interaction tool and Natural Medicines. Use the Clinical
Queries in PubMed. Create your My NCBI account and learn to set up the My NCBI filters most useful for Evidence Based PubMed searching.
At least one month of searching experience is advised as a prerequisite to this class.
- Recognize options for limiting literature search retrieval to valid and reliable research studies appropriate for clinical decision
- Review PICO as a structured question
- Search Background/Foreground Resources like: E-books (like Harrison's), Dynamed, UpToDate, Clinical Key
- Search Natural Medicines, The Cochrane Library, Micromedex (Drug Interaction Tool) and other clinical information support
- Review the nature of citations included in PubMed
- Create a My NCBI account
- Search PubMed MEDLINE using Clinical Queries
- Learn to set up NCBI filters for clinical categories
- Remind participants about Mobile Apps available