Welcome to the 2016 Foodborne Outbreak Challenge!
“The Investigation” Rules & Resources
- Working together as a team you have 3 hours to complete “The Investigation”!
- You have 1 hour to solve each piece of the puzzle—pathogen, food, source of contamination
- There are 3 activities for each piece of the puzzle— 3 pathogen-related activities, 3 food-related activities, and 3 source of contamination-related activities
- All pathogen-related activities must be completed by 10AM, all food-related activities by 11AM, all source of contamination activities by 12PM
- “The Investigation” ends at 12PM sharp
- MAJOR points deducted for late submissions… manage your time wisely!
- Consult this website at the beginning of each hour to begin that hour’s activities
- Completed activity worksheet must be to FOC headquarters to receive information on the next activity
- Only 1 person should visit the FOC headquarters to submit activity worksheets
- There are 80 points available overall
- Each activity is worth 6 points each (18 points per piece of the puzzle [for 54 total])
- Look out for bonus activities along the way (26 points available!)
- Hint! Save information you receive – it may become important later on
- You are free to use any resources (Google is your friend!), however you may only communicate with your team members and with your two phone-a-friend mentor cards.
Additional information will be posted on this site every hour, so remember to check back!