2015 EBP for Librarians Institute
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Health Sciences Library is pleased to host the Institute July 16-19, 2015 on our modern, new campus near Denver, Colorado. The University is conveniently located between Denver International Airport and downtown Denver, Colorado.
Completing this survey will add you to the list for priority notification that the registration is open for the 2015 Evidence Based Practice for Librarians Institute. You will be notified when a date and location has been set.
This is an intensive, introductory, 3 day course. Through discussion and hands-on learning, you'll acquire skills needed to support evidence-based practice. We use an active, case-based approach in a comfortable, small-group environment. A hallmark of this institute is the low student-faculty ratio and the individual attention each participant receives.
Medical librarians who want to learn evidence-based clinical practice concepts in order to comfortably support and teach EBCP at their institutions. Attendance will be limited to 40 participants to maximize individual learning.
After completing the institute, you will be able to:
- Identify and explain the concepts, issues and process of evidence-based clinical practice (EBCP).
- Recognize different types of study designs and understand their strengths and limitations.
- Create well-built, answerable clinical questions.
- Use clinical questions to find the best evidence in the literature about the the diagnosis and treatment of disorders.
- Identify and explain the criteria for judging the internal validity of randomized controlled trials (RCTs), systematic reviews, qualitative and diagnostic studies.
- Identify roles that librarians can undertake in providing EBCP training and support to health care professionals.
Continuing Education Credit
20.0 MLA CE credits.
Comments from previous Institute attendees
"This is the best thing I've done for myself as a medical librarian."
"I really appreciate the opportunity to interact and learn from those who were experienced with EBM. I learned a lot and feel as if I have a handle on the topic."
"Small groups are the ideal situation - can be actively engaged with increasingly familiar faces - very productive."
"Excellent workshop. Great way to learn by immersion for 3 days with colleagues."
The 2015 Institute is Full!
REGISTER NOW for this year's Wait List
(You will be notified if someone cancels and a spot opens up.)
2016 Priority Registration List
(You will be on the list for early registration.)
July 16-19, 2015 (Thursday - Sunday)
Please time your arrival so that you can attend the opening dinner, Thursday July 16.
Health Sciences Library
University of Colorado
Anschutz Medical Campus
$ 1,200.00 US Dollars (Single Room, plus conference registration and meals*)
$ 995.00 US Dollars (Double Room, the room will be shared by two participants, plus conference registration and meals*)
$ 825.00 US Dollars (Conference without accommodations, Denver area participants only, plus all meals except breakfast)
*The fee includes:
- All meals and breaks [Thursday dinner - Sunday lunch]
- Three nights accommodations at the Marriott Springhill Suites [Thursday, Friday, Saturday]. The room will be shared by two institute participants. Private hotel rooms are available for an additional fee.
- Additional night(s) (Wednesday or Sunday) of accommodation may be booked at the participant's expense.
- Course Materials
Continuing Education Credits:
20 MLA CE credits