Computing in the Library
The Health Sciences Library provides a variety of health sciences materials and computer resources for use in lecture support, continuing medical education and patient care by Health Sciences faculty, staff and students. Multiple workstations are available for the use of primary patrons (click for definition) on the first floor of the library.
Limited public access to computer workstations is available. You must ask at the Service Desk for a guest password. Please bring a photo ID. Please note, licensed educational software is not available for public use.
Points to remember:
We recommend you bring a USB storage device on which to save your files. All workstations have computer security which restores the hard drive to its original state upon reboot.
Any files on the computer's hard drive will be lost when the computer is turned off or rebooted.
- Faculty, staff and students: simply log in to the network using your campus or hospital network login. Students and faculty can log in with their own campus logins - ask at the Service Desk for details.
- Guests will need to obtain a Guest Password from the Service Desk.
- All workstations have Internet access, as well as:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Excel
- for Affiliated logons:
- EndNote for bibliography creation and citation management
- Four workstations have flatbed scanners and Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe Elements image editing software
- Interactive Guide to Physical Therapist Practice w/ Catalog of Tests and Measures (not installed on the scanner PCs)
- Respondus web browser for taking tests in Blackboard (not installed on the scanner PCs)
- VH Dissector Pro (Visible Human) available only on the four scanner PCs loated in North Information Commons.
- SAS and SPSS are available to AMC students, faculty, and staff in some of the AMC computer labs in locations other than the library.
- SPSS statistical software: is available on the VM Ware client workstations.
Ask at the front desk for more information.
For other statistical software go to StatisticalResources
Please contact ESS Computer Support for lab location info.
All users must abide by the Computer Policy of the UC Denver Health Sciences Library
at Anschutz Medical Campus.
Health Sciences Library