Background Question Resources
Find the appropriate resource(s) to search for background questions (14 mins.) Clinical Background Resources
Understand strategies that make searching more effective and efficient (approx. 15 min.)
Understand Boolean search operators and their function in searching (approx. 4 min.)
Understand the difference between Ovid MEDLINE and PubMed (approx. 4 min.)
Why should I search using Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)? (approx. 4 min.)
Searching for drug names in Medline (approx. 3 min.)
Don't have time to watch the tutorials? Just need a quick resource designed to direct you to evidence in a variety of sources?
- access full text links from the Health Sciences Library when logged into your account (click settings to configure under "Your institutions", select University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Health Sciences Library in the list)
- powerful search filtering tools (including a PICO search interface)
- results from a variety of high quality producers of evidence based information (such as the Cochrane Collaboration),
- quick analysis of data using the Rapid Review feature,
- rollover preview of individual results,
- login through Facebook or Twitter,
- tracking and favorites options for logged in users
- sharing results through Facebook or Twitter.