The core skills of evidence based practice include the ability to acquire high quality information for critical appraisal.
This guide addresses how to best plan for and find this high quality evidence for clinical decision making.
Where should you start in this tutorial?
The tutorial includes the following tabs. Be sure to scroll down through each part to ensure that you view all the available content,
Introduction | Ovid MEDLINE | PubMed | CINAHL | Cochrane Library | Guidelines | Critical Appraisal
For best viewing
To enhance learning consider opening two browser windows and pausing the tutorial to practice the searching concepts suggested in the tutorials. Click the rewind button if you want to back up to repeat a slide.
Tutorials require the Adobe Flash Player. The video player includes the following control buttons:
Don't have time to watch the tutorials? Just need a quick resource designed to direct you to evidence in a variety of sources?
- access full text links from the Health Sciences Library when logged into your account (click settings to configure under "Your institutions", select University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Health Sciences Library in the list)
- powerful search filtering tools (including a PICO search interface)
- results from a variety of high quality producers of evidence based information (such as the Cochrane Collaboration),
- quick analysis of data using the Rapid Review feature,
- rollover preview of individual results,
- login through Facebook or Twitter,
- tracking and favorites options for logged in users
- sharing results through Facebook or Twitter.