About the collections at the Anschutz Medical Campus:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Digital Repository will:
- Reflect the University’s excellence
- Support the rapid dissemination of research
- Foster at all levels understanding and appreciation of the value of research, learning, and teaching at CU Anschutz Medical Campus
- Ensure future, persistent, and reliable access to intellectual assets
The repository complements traditional means of scholarly communication, such as peer-reviewed journals, by expanding the readership and availability of scholarly research and encouraging submissions.
About the collaboration:
Digital Collections of Colorado is a shared service initiative between Colorado academic libraries.
The intentions of this collaboration are to:
- Provide easy access to significant scholarly works created on the campuses of the two Systems to all users, locally in Colorado, nationally and internationally;
- Promote the use of the products of campus research and thereby maximize their impact for individual researchers and scholars;
- Demonstrate the breadth, quality and scope of research and scholarly activities throughout the two University Systems and the partner organizations served by the libraries;
- Identify and support best practices and strategies for the digital preservation of historically significant research and scholarship in Colorado; and
- Coordinate digital access to these works between the libraries of the Systems, in order to:
- insure access well into the future;
- minimize duplicative efforts;
- take advantage of the collective expertise of the libraries’ staff; and
- deliver good value for the investments made by Colorado citizens, by the US Federal Government, and by public and private granting agencies in the two University Systems’ scholarly activities, and in the libraries.