Skip to main content
Presentation and Powerpoint Skills
- Advice on Designing Scientific Posters A scientific poster is a large document that can communicate your research at a scientific meeting, and is composed of a short title, an introduction to your burning question, an overview of your trendy experimental approach, your amazing results, some insightful discussion of aforementioned results, a listing of previously published articles that are important to your research, and some brief acknowledgement of the tremendous assistance and financial support conned from others—if all text is kept to a minimum, a person could fully read your poster in under 10 minutes.
- Creating a Poster Session Presentation Links to tips and advice on creating a poster session.
- Giving Scientific Presentations Links to tips and resources for developing engaging presentations.
- Life After Death By PowerPoint A funny and educational way to learn PowerPoint Dont's.
- PowerPoint FAQ
- PowerPoint Online
- PowerPoint Poster Templates A dozen templates in different dimensions (inches and centimeters) will assist you in creating a poster session from Powerpoint slides.
- Presenting With Flair: PowerPoint 2003 Presentations This guide covers the basics of PowerPoint and is helpful for those with no experience who want to learn how to work efficiently using PowerPoint's slide and style templates, different views, and special features such as animation.
From Sams' Teach Yourself Microsoft Office 2003 in 24 Hours by Greg M. Perry.
- Public Speaking (or how to enjoy presentations) Ten Simple Rules for Making Good Oral Presentations PLoS Computation Biology offers advice on successful presentions from a seasoned veteran of the conference and meeting circuit.