Skip to main content
- MD Consult Access general drug information. Search the drug name, click on the + sign to the left of the drug name.
- Medscape: Medical news and calculators, drug information and tools, and disease information.
- **Micromedex This comprehensive resource includes information about prescription and over-the-counter drugs, herbals and supplements, and common household substances taken from published drug references and articles written by PharmDs. Click on the "Proceed" button, then search within subsets for Drugs (drug information, dosing tools, therapeutic class information, and detailed analysis), Toxicology (includes illustrated drug identification database), or Interactions.
- **Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database Quickly access evidence based information on herbs, supplements, and commercial products. Click on "Product Search", find the product in the alpha list or search for a product name for quickest access to a summary of synonyms, uses, safety, effects and evidence for effectiveness, interactions, mechanism of action, and dosing. Links at the top or bottom of the page provide access to references, a list of brand name products containing the substance, and patient handouts.
- STAT!Ref AHFS Drug Information and Mosby's Drug Consult are available. To search, scroll down and check the box for any drug resource you'd like to search. Type a drug name in the search box and click on "Search". If you need to narrow your results, select from the advanced search settings for precision, proximity, related concepts, suffixes, or subsets of books. You may also browse any text by clicking on the "Table of Contents" tab and then the book title. BE SURE TO LOGOFF WHEN DONE!
- UpToDate Lexi-Interact: Easy-to-use drug interaction database. Click on the "Launch Lexi-Interact" link and type one drug at a time in the search box, then click the "Analyze" button. Click on the drug name in the results page to view a report on interactions.