Skip to main content
Disease Etiology, Treatment, Diagnosis, and Prognosis
- **Dynamed: Search for a topic or browse more than 3000 topics. Physician written summaries include evidence that is rated 1, 2 or 3 based on the quality of evidence available for a recommendation. Recommendations are graded A, B, or C based on the quality of the evidence available.
- FirstConsult: Found within MD Consult. Find summarized, evidence based information on diseases. Search or browse for topics to retrieve concise reviews of essential information for practice.
- FPIN Resource Database Includes Clinical Inquiries, PURLs, HelpDesk Answers, and some eMedRef in a single, searchable database.
- Griffith’s 5 Minute Clinical Consult A to Z list of diseases and conditions designed for quick reference. To browse, click on the "Titles" tab, then on the link for The 5 Minute Clinical Consult.
- MDConsult: Search textbooks, journals, guidelines, drug information, news, and patient education information in one handy resource. Type a disease or condition in the search box, then select Diagnosis, Etiology, Treatment, or Prognosis from the menu under "Recommended Results.”
- Medscape: Medical news and calculators, drug information and tools, and disease information.
- Merck Pronunciation Dictionary: Audio files provide the accepted pronunciation of medical terms.
- Micromedex Diseasedex: Search for a specific disease or condition name, then click Disease in the results summary, or select from the results list.
- STAT!Ref: Search for answers quickly in multiple medical texts. To search, scroll down and check the box for the resource you'd like to search. Type a keyword in the search box and click on "Search". If you need to narrow your results, select from the advanced search settings for precision, proximity, related concepts, suffixes, or subsets of books.
- **UpToDate: Convenient compendium of useful clinical information. Browse the "Table of Contents" or search for a keyword.
- VisualDx (scroll down the clinical tools page to find the link) Point of care digital medical image library that aids in the identification of dermatologic, infectious, genetic, metabolic, nutritional and occupational diseases, benign and malignant growths, drug-induced conditions, and other injuries. Users can search by diagnosis, build a patient-specific differential, or look up drug-induced adverse reactions by medication.
Note: Also accessible via UpToDate