- 5 Minute Clinical Consult Look up a symptom in the alphabetical listing or search a term, like fever, click the Current Book button, then click Ovid Full Text to read the relevant section of this book.
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM-IV) via PsychiatryOnline. Browse the contents or search for a specific
symptom or disorder.
- Ferri’s Clinical Advisor, MDConsult: Click on the "Books" tab, then “Specialties” and scroll down to "Family
Medicine" and click on the link for Ferri's. Click on the "+" next to "Section II: Differential Diagnosis" to browse, or
type key words into the search box to find your keywords in Ferri's.
- **Isabel dx: Use a simple, interactive tool to identify diagnoses and drugs involved in diagnoses based on clinical exam signs and symptoms.
- **Micromedex. Differential diagnosis is hidden within the "Indications" section of lab test information. Search for a test, magnesium measurement, then click on the results from the "Lab Advisor", then click indications. Check each of several abnormal lab results separately to note the overlapping indications, suggesting a possible diagnosis.
PubMed Tip: Incorporating terms related to prevalencce and etiology can help with differential diagnosis search topics. MeSH terms can be helpful too, try: "Prevalence"[Mesh] AND "Diagnosis, Differential"[Mesh]