The Mobile Technology Guide provides information for mobile device users of the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (UCD-AMC). Resources featured here include "apps" as well as "moblized" websites and work with a variety of devices including the iPhone, iPad, and Droid. While most of these applications and websites are accessible to anyone, the guide also includes links to and information about several subscription databases available only to primary affiliated UCD-AMC students, staff and faculty. These restricted resources are noted as "UCD-AMC only" and the user must log in with his/her name and institutional ID for off-campus access.
Skyscape Clinical Calculator (formerly Archimedes). Includes many common calculations including drug dosing.
Optimized for: iPhone/iPod/iPad, Android, and BlackBerry. You must register (free) with SkyScape in order to access this resource.
BrowZine CU-AMC only. App that can help you stay current with academic journals. After downloading the free BrowZine app select our institution: University of Colorado Health Sciences Library and enter your usual library login credentials. Authentication FAQs.
The library only subscribes to the iOS version of this resource at this time. Reviews
Cell Press Journal Reader. CU-AMC only.
1. Create your own account: www.sciencedirect.com/science/newregistration. Make sure that the email address you use is your ucdenver.edu address.
2. Choose either mobile web app (does not require installation) or download app from iTunes for iPad or iPhone. Requires iOS 6+. FAQs
CINAHL UCD-AMC only. Simplified search engine for the CINAHL database (Cumulative Index for Nursing and Allied Health).
Apps are available for iPhone/iPod/iPad or Android devices.
ClinicalKey app UCD-AMC Only.
Do you have a personal account already? You can use that account information to login after downloading the app on your phone or iPad. With ClinicalKey your username is case sensitive.
No personal account yet? Go to ClinicalKey from the library's website and create personal login/password
Apps are available for iPhone/iPad or Android devices.
Mobile-enhanced site: ClinicalKey Mobile UCD-AMC Only. Mobile-device enabled version of ClinicalKey (MD Consult has been replaced by ClinicalKey. All MD Consult material is included in ClinicalKey). Go to http://www.clinicalkey.com/info/how-clinicalkey-works/mobile/ for more information.
DynaMed (released Feb. 2015).
1. Download the free DynaMed app from the iTunes Store or Google Play.
iOS/iTunes App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dynamed-by-ebsco/id948906986?ls=1&mt=8
Google Play Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=vspringboard.dynamed.activity
2. Access DynaMed from the library's website. (DynaMed is under "Clinical Tools")
3. Click on the DynaMed mobile access link at the top of the DynaMed interface and enter your University or Hospital email address. An authentication key will be emailed to you.
4. Open the DynaMed email from your device.
5. Within 48 hours, tap on the link in the email to authenticate the app.
6. The DynaMed App opens on your device and begins the initial content download.
Note: It is recommended that you are on a Wi-Fi connection for the initial download of DynaMed content as well as when updates become available.
7. Your device is ready to go!
Note: after 48 hours, you will need to request a new authentication key.
First Consult access via ClinicalKey. UCD-AMC only. Evidence-based, point of care clinical database.
1. On a Windows or Mac computer, visit the Health Sciences Library's subscription to ClinicalKey, via the Health Sciences Library web page.
2. At the top right of the ClinicalKey page, click Login. Click Not Registered? to create an account
3. On your iOS device (iPhone, iPod, or iPad), visit the App store. Search for "First Consult" and install the free First Consult app on your device.
4. Once installed, log in to First Consult on your mobile device with your ClinicalKey user name and password. You should now have access to First Consult's differential diagnosis and other information on your mobile device, even when wireless access is unavailable.
Isabel dx UCD-AMC, UCH only. Diagnosis checklist system that is also integrated into the Dynamed platform. Available for iOS and Android.
Note: For required username and password, access Isabel dx from the library's webpage and click on the "Mobile Access" icon on the right side of the page.
Mobile Health Sciences Library Simplified HSL website for the mobile device.
mobileMicromedex - Drugs and Interactions UCD-AMC only. Drug reference. Note: The Micromedex Drug Information App is free from the iTunes store. It contains summary information. The Drug Reference and Drug Interactions App is available free for our faculty, staff and students with the password Micromedex provides. You must access the Micromedex page through the library's website, (if you are off campus, you will authenticate with your usual username and password) then click on DownloadCenter in the upper right corner and continue with the directions they provide.
App Supports: iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad and Android. Mobile site: iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, Android and BlackBerry
National Library of Medicine Gallery of Mobile Apps and Sites. Links to TOXNET, PubMed Mobile, LactMed App and many more.
National Library of Medicine (NLM) Drug Information Portal. Mobile optimized web site that covers over 32,000 drugs and provides descriptions, drug names, pharmaceutical categories, and structural diagrams.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. Scientific clinical information on complementary, alternative, and integrative therapies. To download app, first access this database from an on-campus computer and request a CE ID # by clicking "I don't have a CE ID#" in the yellow CE login box. You will be asked to fill out a form. NOTE: the last 4 digits of your SSN can be replaced by ANY four digits; these numbers will form the CE ID#. Once you have the number, download the app. Tap the app icon and when it asks for login information, use your CE ID # as the Username but leave the Password field blank.
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=trc.nmcd
Pocket Medical Spanish by Epocrates. Includes common healthcare phrases with audio playback.
STAT!Ref Mobile UCD-AMC, UCH, TCH only. STAT!Ref has two mobile options: a free app or the mobile-device enabled website.