The Search results page has tabs for Studies, Variables, Study documents, Analyses, and Datasets records that match your search. We will focus on the Studies tab.
The Studies tab contains:
- Study ID and name -The unique identifier for the study and the study's title
- Embargo Release - whether the data is available or not. Submitters can embargo the data before publication.
- Details- Colored square is shaded if info isn't available for this study
- V - Variables: what was measured in the study
- D - Documents: documentation about the study
- A - Analysis: types of analyses performed on the data
- S - Sequence read archive (SRA) data
- Number of participants - how many people participated in the study
- Type of Study - study design (case control, twin study, etc)
- Links - links to other NCBI databases with information about this study (BioProject, BioSample, MeSH, PubMed, etc)
- Platform (technical platform used to identify the SNPs for GWAS)
Unlike most of the NCBI databases, dbGaP does not provide filters in the left side bar. You can make your own, which will appear at the top of the right side bar. See the myNCBI tutorial for details.
Click on the Study ID or name to get more information about the study.