The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Digital Repository will:
- Reflect the University's excellence
- Support the rapid dissemination of research
- Foster at all levels understanding and appreciation of the value of research, learning, and teaching at CU Anschutz Medical Campus
- Ensure future, persistent, and reliable access to intellectual assets
The repository complements traditional means of scholarly communication, such as peer-reviewed journals, by expanding the readership and availability of scholarly research and encouraging submissions.
About Mountain Scholar:
Mountain Scholar : Digital Collections of Colorado & Wyoming is a shared, collaborative service initiative between Colorado & Wyoming academic libraries which:
- Provides easy access to significant scholarly works created nationally and internationally;
- Promotes the use of the products of campus research and thereby maximize their impact for individual researchers and scholars;
- Demonstrates the breadth, quality, and scope of research and scholarly activities through our campus and our Mountain Scholar partners;
- Identifies and supports best practices and strategies for the digital preservation of historically significant research and scholarship in Colorado & Wyoming; and
- Coordinates digital access to these works between the libraries of Mountain Scholar, in order to:
- insure access well into the future;
- minimize duplicative efforts;
- take advantage of the collective expertise of the libraries’ staff; and
- deliver good value for the investments made by Colorado citizens, by the US Federal Government, and by public and private granting agencies in the two University Systems’ scholarly activities, and in the libraries.
What Type of Resources are Deposited in Mountain Scholar?
Some typical repository items:
- Data sets
- Journal articles (including published material, depending on copyright restrictions)
- Book chapters
- Grey literature
- Teaching material
- Technical reports
- Web-based presentations
- PowerPoint presentations
- Professional activity material
- Projects and portfolios
- Special events material
- Conference material
- Departmental publications
In addition to the works of individual CU Anschutz Medical Campus authors/creators or CU Anschutz Medical Campus entities, such as colleges and departments, the repository hosts select archival materials created from the Libraries’ archival holdings to support teaching and research. Also, the repository contains digital content not authored by a CU Anschutz Medical Campus affiliate. For example, a campus unit may use the repository to post papers from a conference it sponsors, which includes authors from CU Anschutz Medical Campus and other institutions or organizations.
Overall, the works are scholarly, educational, and/or research based and reflect the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. However, we are open to new ideas so please contact us with your submission.