Computing in the Library
The Health Sciences Library provides a variety of health sciences materials and computer resources for use in lecture support, continuing medical education and patient care by Health Sciences faculty, staff and students. Multiple workstations are available for the use of primary patrons (click for definition) on the first floor of the library.
Limited public access to computer workstations is available. All users must abide by the library's Computer Policy. Please ask at the Service Desk for a guest password. Present your photo ID at the desk. Please note, licensed educational software is not available to the public.
Points to remember:
We recommend you bring a USB storage device on which to save your files. All workstations have computer security which restores the hard drive to its original state upon reboot.
Any files on the computer's hard drive will be lost when the computer is turned off or rebooted.
- Faculty, staff and students: simply log in to the network using your campus or hospital network login. Students and faculty can log in with their own campus logins - ask at the Service Desk for details.
- Guests will need to obtain a Guest Password from the Service Desk.
- All workstations have Internet access, as well as:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Excel
- for Affiliated logons:
- EndNote for bibliography creation and citation management
- Four workstations have flatbed scanners and Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe Photoshop Elements image editing software
- Interactive Guide to Physical Therapist Practice w/ Catalog of Tests and Measures (not installed on the scanner PCs)
- Respondus web browser for taking tests (not installed on the scanner PCs)
- VH Dissector Pro (Visible Human) available only on the four scanner PCs located in North Information Commons.
Epi Info™, a suite of lightweight software tools, delivers core ad-hoc epidemiologic functionality without the complexity or expense of large, enterprise applications.
- SAS is NOT available on PCs in the library. SAS is available to AMC students, faculty, and staff in some of the AMC computer labs in locations other than the library: Ed 2N, room 2201C and R1 N, room 1309. TSS maintains these rooms.
- SPSS statistical software: is available on the VM Ware client workstations. SPSS is also installed in one classroom: Ed 2N, 2201C (TSS maintains this room). Ask at the front desk for more information.
- Atlas.TI (trial version) software for qualitative research
For other statistical software go to Statistical Resources
Please contact TSS Computer Support for lab location info.
All users must abide by the Computer Policy of the UC Denver Health Sciences Library
at Anschutz Medical Campus.
My phone 303-724-5463
Library IT 303-724-2167
Library Svc Desk 303-724-2152
University IT 303-724-4357